Personal Data Protection Policy
Museum and Memorial of Terrorism
We apply a policy for the management of your personal data that complies with the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, as amended, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) of April 27, 2016 (or RGPD). Our policy is based on the following principles:
1- you remain in control of your data
2- your data is treated in a clear, confidential and protected manner
3- we are committed to a continuous process of protection of your data
4- the service providers involved in the processing of your data all meet our high standards of personal data management
This protection policy presents our commitments concerning your personal data collected on our website https://musee-memorial-terrorisme.fr (hereafter "the Site").
It is intended to inform you about:
- the data we collect;
- the reasons why we need it;
- how we process your personal data;
- the rights you have in this respect and how to exercise them.
It may be modified at any time to take into account any regulatory, editorial or technical changes. We invite you to consult it regularly in order to take note of the most recent version.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
Groupement d'intérêt public
Mission de préfiguration du Musée-mémorial du terrorisme
13, place Vendôme - 75042 Paris cedex
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data is information relating to a natural person who can be identified directly or indirectly.
► We collect your personal data in three ways:
1- You may be required to provide us with personal data in particular in the following cases:
- you use our applications ;
- you subscribe to our newsletters;
- you use our registration forms;
- you make a reservation for a visit;
- you contact us with a request or complaint;
- you participate in events or public relations operations;
- you take part in a competition;
- you participate in a study / survey.
2- We also collect information about you during our relationship with you (statistics), automatically when you connect to the Site.
3- Finally, we may collect your data from social networks when you join our pages, accounts and profiles from certain links on our Site to follow our news. The data that we may collect in this context are anonymous and processed for purely statistical purposes (in particular to find out the number of subscribers who follow these pages).
We are not responsible for the processing of your personal data by the websites of social networks which have their own data protection policies. We invite you to consult their policies in order to know your rights towards each of them, and to manage your privacy settings.
► In this context, we may need to collect the following personal data:
- your identity: surname, first name, title, age ;
- your contact information: postal address, e-mail address, telephone number ;
- your browsing and connection information on our Site which is necessary for its proper technical operation or which allows us to measure the audience: cookies, tags, domain name, type of Internet browser, etc. For more information, see the section on cookie management;
- any other information that you directly and voluntarily provide to us: comments and opinions, preferences, etc.
We ensure that the collection of this data is relevant, adequate, not excessive and strictly necessary for our activities.
Some information is required to provide the service in question (indicated by an asterisk). If you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to provide you with the service.
And if you provide us with the personal data of a third party: you must ensure that the person concerned agrees to their personal data being provided to us.
DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS?
In principle, our products and services are intended for persons of legal age who are capable of entering into contractual obligations.
As an exception, for the registration for our newsletter and the use of certain services free of charge, the age of 15 is accepted. In this case, the holder of the data aged 15, 16 or 17 has a specific right to obtain the deletion of his data as soon as possible.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The collection and processing of your personal data is only possible for a specific purpose of which you are aware at the time of collection and from which you derive an identified and tangible benefit.
We undertake to collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- The processing of your requests (reservation, information messages for the preparation of a visit or the cancellation of a visit for example). The legal basis in this context is the execution of the contract. The collection and use of your data for these purposes do not require your consent.
- The sending of personalized communications presenting our offers and services, and those of our partners. This may include the newsletter, which presents news about the museum's exhibitions; invitations to special events
These communications are only sent if you have clearly given your consent for each communication. Your consent is obtained in a clear and unequivocal manner.
- To meet our legal obligations, to enforce our rights (in case of control by the competent authorities, management of unpaid bills and/or litigation) and/or to fight against fraud (control of tickets at the entrance). The legal bases in this context are, depending on the case, either compliance with a legal obligation or legitimate interest (conservation for evidential purposes). The collection and use of your data for these purposes do not require your consent.
- The realization of statistics or surveys. These are carried out from anonymized data allowing us to improve our knowledge of our activities. In this context, the legal basis for processing is the museum's legitimate interest, more specifically its economic interest in constantly improving its knowledge of its customers and their expectations.
- The management of your participation in a competition. The legal basis in this case is the execution of the contract. The collection and use of your data for this purpose does not require your consent.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data is intended only for the Museum and Memorial of Terrorism and can only be accessed by our employees who are authorized to manage it, depending on the purpose of the collection (commercial, administrative, control and marketing departments).
By exception, they may be transmitted to :
- service providers, in particular for IT services (hosting, storage, analysis, data processing, database management or IT maintenance services). These service providers act on the instructions of the museum and the terms of their intervention and access to the data are strictly regulated by contract.
- third parties in the context of compliance with a legal obligation or in order to guarantee our rights (authorities and courts, lawyers, tax inspectors, etc.)
WHERE IS YOUR DATA STORED? AND HOW IS IT PROTECTED?
Your personal data is stored on servers located within the European Union, either internally on our secure servers or externally by a duly selected service provider.
As the data controller, we implement the necessary security and confidentiality procedures to prevent any risk of fraudulent access, theft or accidental deterioration or loss of your data.
When a service provider is involved in the processing of personal data, we place great importance on the technical and organizational measures they undertake to take to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data.
We also reserve the right to audit our service providers.
HOW LONG AND HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
The periods of conservation of your data are defined by our care with regard to the legal and contractual constraints. These periods are fixed according to the purposes pursued. After these periods, the data is either deleted or kept after having been anonymized, i.e. modified in such a way as to make it impossible to link it to a person.
- Customer account/personal area data
The data collected when you create a customer account/personal area on our Site is kept for as long as you log in/use your account/space.
- Data related to the commercial relationship
The data is kept for the duration of the commercial relationship (including the exercise of legal guarantees), then archived with restricted access and kept for the additional time necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for the purpose of defending or enforcing our rights. At the end of this period, your personal data will be anonymized or deleted.
- Data collected in the context of our newsletters
This data is kept in a current archive for 3 years, starting from the registration to this one or the last positive reaction of your part. After this period, we anonymize it unless you have clearly and expressly wished to re-subscribe.
- Data collected via audience and advertising cookies
This data is kept for a maximum of 13 months from the date of their deposit. After this period, they are deleted.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS? HOW TO EXERCISE THEM?
What are your rights?
► Right to information
You have the right to be informed about why we collect your data, how we process it, what rights you have and how to exercise them.
► Right of access
You have the right to ask us whether we hold any data about you and to request a copy of that data in an understandable format. This right thus allows you to check the accuracy of the data and, if necessary, to have it corrected or deleted.
► Right of rectification
You can correct, update or complete your data directly online in your account/space. Furthermore, you can ask us to update or complete the personal data we hold.
► Right to withdraw consent
You have the possibility at any time to unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking on the link provided in the last communication received, or by contacting the department indicated in the same communication.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the placement of analytical and advertising cookies at any time. To do this, you can simply set the parameters of the Internet browser on your computer, tablet or cell phone. (For more information see the cookie management section below).
► Right to object
When we collect your data for the purpose of contract performance or on the basis of legitimate interest, you have the right on legitimate grounds to object to your data being disseminated, transmitted or stored. The right to object allows you to object to our using your data for a specific purpose provided that you put forward reasons relating to your particular situation.
► Right to limit processing
If you dispute the accuracy of the data collected or object to the processing of your data, you can ask us, when requesting rectification or objection, to freeze the use of your data for the time it takes to examine your request.
► Right to erasure of your data (right to be forgotten)
You have the right at any time to have your personal data erased in the following cases:
- the data is not or no longer necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected or processed it ;
- you have withdrawn your consent to the use of your data;
- your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
We may refuse to delete your data when it is necessary:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes for use in the public interest.
► Right to portability
You have the right to obtain, a copy of the data that you have transmitted to us under a contract or that we have collected with your consent in a structured, commonly used and readable format. This format may be provided to you or another party at your request.
► Right to communicate post-mortem directives.
At any time, you may make directives regarding the retention, deletion and disclosure of your personal data after your death.
How do you exercise your rights?
You may exercise all of your rights:
- By mail: Groupement d'intérêt public - Mission de préfiguration du Musée-mémorial du terrorisme - 13, place Vendôme - 75042 Paris cedex
To enable us to understand your request and respond quickly, please specify in your request
- the right you wish to exercise and, if applicable, the reasons for your request (e.g. deletion of your customer account/personal space, updating of your data);
- your name, first name and e-mail address as well as your postal address (if you wish to receive a return by mail).
The rights you have are individual rights and can therefore only be exercised by the data owner. In order to comply with this obligation, we may ask you, at the time of your request, to justify your identity, by a customer number or via an authentication space when it is possible, or by a copy of a valid identity document. The copy of your ID will of course be deleted by our services as soon as the identity verification has been completed.
We will endeavor to comply with your request within a reasonable period of time and in any case in accordance with the law.
► Right to complain
Whenever you feel that your rights are not respected or that the protection of your personal data is not ensured in accordance with the applicable regulations, you may lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés.
THE MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are computer files that are automatically deposited on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or cell phone when you browse our Site. They are managed by your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
On our Site, we use different types of cookies:
- cookies necessary for the operation of the Site: they allow you to use the main features of our Sites. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use our Sites normally.
- Analytical cookies or cookies for measuring the audience of the Site which allow us to know the use and the performance of the audience of our Site and to improve the functioning of it for our visitors; for example, to establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements composing our Site (visited headings and contents, path), in order to improve the interest and the ergonomics of our Site;
- advertising cookies that allow us to choose in real time which advertisements to display on third-party sites.
- social network cookies deposited by social networks when you share content from our Site with others or let them know what you think about this content via an application button. We have no control over the process used by these social networks to collect information about your browsing on our Site and associated personal data they have. We invite you to consult their data protection policies in order to know your rights with respect to each of them, and to manage your privacy settings.
How do I configure cookies?
You have the choice to configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies, delete cookies periodically, or to see when a cookie is issued, how long it is valid, and its contents, and to refuse to accept it on your hard drive.
You can choose to block or disable these cookies at any time by setting the internet browser on your computer, tablet, or mobile device in accordance with the instructions established by your internet browser provider and listed on the websites mentioned below:
For more information, you can also visit the CNIL website.